CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I'm here!

Okay girls! Rochelle reminded me about this great blog - and I'm in!

Food for thought: Does cleaning your house count as exercise? Yea, I know, not fun. It has to count for something, right?

I have a great recipe for Italian turkey spaghetti squash - I'm trying it tonight so I'll let you know how it goes. I'll need to figure out the point value as well - coming soon (it can't be that many points since it looks like a healthy meal).

Total weight loss so far: 6.6 lbs. woo hoo! Slowly but surely. I wish it would come off faster, but oh well.

1 med. spag. squash
1/2 lb. lean ground turkey
2 tsp. olive oil
1 sm. onion, chopped
1 medium clove garlic, minced
29 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 tsp. Ital. seasoning
6 oz. fat free ricotta cheese
1 large egg
1/2 c. mozz. cheese

Preheat oven to 350 halve squash lengthwise, remove seeds place cut sides down in baking dish. poke skins all over with a fork. Bake until tender about 30-40 min. brown turkey, drain, remove from skillet and set aside. In same skillet, heat oil over med-high heat add onion and garlic stir-fry 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and italian seasoning, reduce heat, add turkey and simmer uncovered 5 minutes or until desired consistency. place ricotta and egg in blender, puree until smooth. coat a 9' pie plate with cooking spray. remove squash from oven. Increase heat to 375 pull squash from shell place in pie plate add cheese mix then turkey mix. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 20 minutes.

1 comments:

Britt Wright said...

Yummy! And I'm glad you're on board! Let us know how the dinner turned out. It sounds good. I'm glad you are determined to be "lean" with us!